RE: VirtualBox: Can't start VM

Congratulations! Using dropbox is a brilliant idea. Going to try
it now.

-----Original Message-----
From: xywrite-bounce@xxxxxxxx
[mailto:xywrite-bounce@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Carl Distefano
Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2014 6:03 PM
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: VirtualBox: Can't start VM

Reply to note from Paul Lagasse  Sun, 27
Jul
2014 07:58:32 -0400

Paul and all:

> try downgrading to 4.3.12 and seeing how that works out.

That did the trick. I was able to install Win7-32 in the VM. I did
not succeed (yet) in doing a number of other things: making the
host
C: drive visible to the VM (tried checking the appropriate boxes
in the Shared Driver options menu for the VM, but this had no
effect); getting the Clipboard to work "bidirectionally" between
the VM and the host machine; etc. I got around the shared drive
problem easily enough by installing Dropbox in the VM; Dropbox has
1.5GB of my most essential files, including my Xy4 setup. It
worked flawlessly. I simply put a shortcut to the BATch file I use
to launch Xy on the Desk, double-clicked, and I was off and
running. I installed Python
v3.4 in the VM, and (after a few tweaks to get Xy to recognize the
VM) my "XyPy" setup (integrating Python with U2) was humming along
nicely. There is a noticeable lag between pressing the keys and
seeing characters on the screen, but, for the time being anyway, I
can live with it.

My biggest complaint was the teeny-tiny Xy window in the VM.
Hoping against hope, I tried pressing Alt-Enter. Lo and behold --
fullscreen! I couldn't believe my eyes, but there it was, as you
can see from thee photo:

http://users.datarealm.com/ammaze/xfer/xy-full.jpg

Sonovagun!

--