Re: excel

In a message dated 6/19/99 9:59:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
t-r@xxxxxxxx writes:

≪ Do a "Save As" and save the file as a CSV (Comma Delimited) file
 with a name and to a directory of your choice.

 Then go to the directory and you will find the file with commas
 separating each cell, like: ≫

Tom--

so far, so pretty good. I've also experimented with Space Delimited, which
seems a little clearer when the places in the numbers are set off with commas
already.

Query: These tables are coming to me as E-Mail attachments, which seem to be
savable only in Word, which means I have to copy them into Excel before I can
delimit them into Xy. So far, I haven't been able to find a way to get the
save mechanism to offer me a save directly into Excel. Any ideas?

Meanwhile, thanks very much for getting me this far--a great distance indeed.

Judith