Re: installing Y2K correction

** Reply to message from Brucefelk@xxxxxxxx on Sat, 13 Jan 2001 09:52:04 EST

Bruce:

> that is where I installed the Y2K update

When you say you "installed" it, what do you mean? You unpacked the
Y2K ZIP, right, and put the resulting EDITOR.EXE in the Xy4 directory?
Did you test the ZIP first? Is it a good ZIP? ("[pk]unzip -t
WIN3XDOS.EXE") What exactly happens when you try to launch the new
EDITOR? We need more precise information. And why did you reinstall
the whole of XyWrite in the first place? Why not just move everything
over to the new box and then adjust the drive specs (in STARTUP.INT,
SETTINGS.DFL, *.PRN, *.KBD)? I can't imagine starting from scratch --
not ever! Horrifying. Years of work, out the window. If "some
corruptions" crept in, what does that mean -- corruptions where and of
what character?

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx