DOS Emulator

Why need a new (hardware) system require a new opsys? It is possible to
buy bare iron and install your old opsys (assuming you have the CDs).
True, the EULA says you cannot TRANSFER the opsys unless you transfer the
hardware (if the copy of Win came with the old system), but I don't think
it explicitly mentions the death or desuetude of the old hardware. You do
need to make sure that all the components have 9x drivers, and of course,
M$ has announced that they won't support 98 b after, I think, next
spring. But what support do they ever give?
As for getting a new system with 98, don't hold your breath. When the EFA
got a new system from Dell about 2 years ago, they gave us such a hard
time about W98 (saying M$ wouldn't let them give it to us unless we could
produce "proof" we absolutely needed it; no indication of what they would
consider proof) that the rest of the Board caved and settled for Me (!
curses both loud and deep from yours truly, but it was a done deal by the
time I heard). Actually, some of the clone shops and mail order places
will sell you 98.
Patricia