Re: 98 again

There is no reason to upgrade to Win98 for USB support if you can
get the update to Win95 (service pack 2, I think). You will save
yourself an enormous amount of bloat and unwanted functions. You
will also want to think about whether you want to sit and wait
while USB does its thing in its own time. I am delighted to pay
extra for a SCSI board to avoid it, after intense frustration at
its slowness for printers, scanners, etc. under both enhanced
Win95 and Win98SE. If all you have in mind is a USB mouse
connector, it is fast enough for that. There is supposed to be a
new version soon that runs at high speed, but until then, don't
let the hype get you.

Cheers,
--
Nathan Sivin