Re: va$wn ?

** Reply to note from "..."  Wed, 29 Jan 1997 19:32:27 -0500 (EST)

> Can someone enlighten me as to how to obtain va$nw in xyDos 4?
>  {sx86,{va$nw}}
> and
>  {sx86,{vanw}}
> both freeze mine. Indeed I find that CG lists neither va$nw nor
> vanw as a VA setting. A solution that involves the use of va$wa is
> unacceptable to me since it precludes use of d nw=0. 	--a

> ============================= adpFisher  nyc

Your subject header mentions says "VA$WN" but your text mentions only VA$NW.
Which is it?

In Xy4, you get the current WindowNumber with VA$WN (there is no VAWN,
because there's nothing to set); the NewWindow default is established with
VANW, and the current NewWindow setting is obtained from VA$WN. CG page 30
describes NW, CG page 234 describes WN.

When you say "freeze mine," you mean: freeze your what?

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx