Re: Strange SA/NV behavior--BK is culprit

Carl Distefano wrote:
Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Fri, 16 Oct 2009
12:47:28 -0700
--what is the purpose of ? To me that reads as: do
nothing.

It sets the file modification flag () to 1 -- without actually
modifying the file ("do nothing" is a Good Thing in this case).
Addresses the  bug referred to in your earlier post.
In my case, resetting the flag is not desirable. If I were to save when I've not altered a file, I would end up with FILE and FILE.BAK being identical, and lose the old version stored as FILE.BAK.

Paul Lagasse