Re: New fonts for windowed mode (CP 850)

** Reply to message from "M.C."  on Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:03:00
+0100

Nice fonts, Manuel. I particularly like 12x27 -- but they're all good
(although for some reason the heavier version of 10x21 won't load). A bizarre
thing is that every time I look at Properties ==> Font, the sizes are reported
differently. For example, sometimes it says 12x27, sometimes 16x37! The
Windows font selector is a miserable, buggy, confusing utility -- just awful
(not enough information, no filenames). Sometimes I have to select a font 3 or
4 times to get it to "stick". (And I know exactly which one I'm looking at
too, because I changed the "Terminal" text to something unique for each font.)

We now have a lot of decent font choices, thanks to you and Sieber. The only
"gap" that I presently feel is for a mid-size 1252 font that is actually
thorough. Sieber's are the right size, but not thorough -- he skips a number
of high-order chars that I need. The de Forest 1252 font _is_ complete, but
very small (http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~af380/cp1252c.zip). Mid-size -- not
screen-filling, but not so small as cp1252c. _That_ I could really use. In
fact, it would be my standard DOS window font... I usually run 1280x1024 or
(less often) 1400x1050. The only reason I mention this is that I suspect you
already have almost everything needed to build such a font, lacking only a very
few characters.

Thanks again.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx