Re: Disk partitioning

Patricia M Godfrey wrote:

> (Now
> if Iomega could just make its new 700+ Mb ZIP disks bootable, one could
> put one's opsyses on a couple of them and boot to whichever one wanted.
> Direct CD, which looked like being the answer, stinks on ice.)

Both W2K and eCS can be booted from CD, but I think this is limited to an
installation process. Before it came out, there was some talk that eCS would be
fully bootable from CD, allowing a user customized Desktop and set of app.s etc.
(however much could fit on one CD, which is to say a heckuva lot more than would be
possible for WIN) to be fully portable to any guest machine. From what I've been
told, the building blocks for this actually exist. According to one generally
reliable source, the ability to actually implement this was forestalled
deliberately. If true, that a great shame. It was something I was looking forward
to .

Jordan