Re: FW: Spanish, screen fonts, HP

Is there a way, a font, with which I can print Spanish? I use Xywrite generally
with my ESC P2 Epson printer 5000. Epson manual says to use ESC R7 command to
load a Spanish capability--but they don't tell me whether to chant it over the
zip drive or stuff it into the paper-loading tray.
I don't understand your question very well: are we speaking about
writing (and printing) Spanish texts or only printing Spanish texts? If
you want to write Spanish texts, it's necessary to modify (or customize)
your keyboard layout and to set up your system configuration files
(typically, CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT under MS-DOS) accordingly. But I
suppose your goal is only to print Spanish texts. In this case, you only
need to put in your .PRN file the ESC P/2 code that activates the 850
CodePage and not ESC R7, unless your texts have been customized for the
use of that Epson feature. The right code should start "ESC(t" (maybe
"ESC(t30") but I can't test it here. The place to put that code in your
PRN file should be the FB line (section "Printer Information"). ESC
codes are additives, so it's possible to add the code to your FB line. I
hope this helps.
Best regards,
Manuel Castelao