Re: xy3 installation problems

** Reply to message from megarat  on Mon, 1 Dec 2003
07:52:31 -0800 (PST)

> there is a program that gives the QP a virtual 80x25 screen -- it's a TSR and
> it let's you scroll off the edges of the screen with control-key combos -- but
> it hasn't helped either.

Too bad.

> even if it did help, i suspect it would drive me
> batty, having to constantly shift the screen around to see the other 50% of my
> text.

If it worked, you could load the TSR before loading EDITOR, and then set
XyWrite defaults SL=16 and SW=60, BW=0 for B&W, GA=CG for (monochrome) CGA
Graphics Adapter support (or maybe GA=MD, I'm not sure), and then you
*wouldn't* be driven batty -- everything would fit within the viewable area.

Alas.

But you know, in XyQuest AppNote 125, it says that Xy3+ v3.1 works with the
Tandy 1000. Now the Tandy 1000 was an early 80s machine that ran in 640x200
mono CGA too. I'm just wondering whether there isn't something else that's
needed here (or that needs to be removed) to make this work. The machine must
have AUTOEXEC.BAT and CONFIG.SYS, right? What do they say? Possibly you need
a very early version of Xy v3.1? Damn, I used to have them all; now I just
have v3.55 and up. But I do have Xy2+ (somewhere). Would you like to try
that? It just might work...

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx