Re: Conversion filters (was NB Win availability)

Robert Hemenway wrote:

> To Ed Curtis and Leslie Bialler--
>
> About WordPort:
>
> A Windows program. Converts to and from XyWrite II and up, along with
> practically all word processors. Price $149. Whew! I worked with it for a
> time last year and found it probably the best of the conversion utilities,

Robert,

Thanks for the info. A question: my biggest beefs with WFW filters are:

1. There is no way to configure it so that it will _ignore_ formatting you have
no use for anyway. Therefore, as I suspect you have noticed, one often gets
conversions filled with meaningless font specifications and color modes.

2. In converting _from_ XyWrite back to Word, the SS/US commands don't filter
through properly. This applies in Word Perfect as well.

How does WordPort deal with the above?

Thanks again.

lb136@xxxxxxxx
212-666-1000 x7109 (phone) 212-316-3100 (fax)