Re: XPL question

Carl Distefano

> However, it wouldn't be fair, in my view, to
> characterize this as an "incompatibility" between Xy3 and Xy4.

I agree with that. There was no way they could add the nested if function and
not have this level of "incompability."

Now that you've seen what it is, I would point out the different behavior
of the two is also problem for the QDF1 formatter. (Working on QDF1 is
what caused me to post the quesion.) For XY3, an endif should back out
indenting all the way, and for XY4, and endif should just back it out one
level. Even though I'm a Xy3 guy, I did (try to) implement QDF1 to do
right thing for XY4, rather than Xy 3, since I also haven't seen any
XyWrite 3 XPL that utilizes the kinda-nested IFs that are possible in XY3
XPL.

QDF1 at this stage is still less than concrete -- I plan to live with it
for awhile before trying to figure what I do/don't like about it. At this
stage, it also hasn't been optimized with things like DO/DX, turning ES on
and off, or using CI in preference to CH.

Wally Bass