Re: R: Italian Xy Microlitics dictionary

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Thu, 5 Nov 1998 21:20:33 +0100

>> [G]o into the {{5cr213}} program, and add a func GT immediately
>> before the existing func BX. Cursor needs to be in the text
>> window, not on the command line, when the program runs.
>> Let me know if that solves your problem.

> Done. And yes, it works.

> Now I'm curious. The companion 5cr210 (cr/lf to lone lf) does not have GT
> but works fine, both from command line and from text window: which is the
> mystery?

It's a quirk, an error parsing the expression, which I can't explain. EDITOR much
prefers if you use the red cr/lf wildcard instead of real cr/lf characters, when constructing
these commands (that's another successful workaround for the problem you experienced). In the
same vein, I've noticed that {{5cr210}} can be unsuccessful _if_ you are not in eXPanded
text mode. I've modified these programs accordingly in the current XYWWWEB.U2 version 2 (are
you using XYWWWEB.U2, BTW? it's a much easier way to access all these programs). In the
meantime, I suggest that you insert, before the existing func BX, a func XP in {{5cr210}}.

Thanks for the feedback.

---------
Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx