Re: "...XyWrite to its knees" -Reply

Steve Crutchfield writes:
≪ a good portion of
 what was Signature was re-written by TTG to be turned into
 XyWrite 4.  ≫

Huh-uh. TTG qua TTG didn't do squat (sorry, Kenny). The process of making
Signature into a usable DOS and Windows (well, maybe not quite so usable in
Windows; read on) fell to the original but rapidly dwindling gang. We had a
dozen or so engineers (a laughable number compared to WP and MSW) working on
the origina product; when I left TTG, there was just Dave and Sam (and maybe
Fred). No new "TTG" blood was transfused into the operation. By the time I
left, the Windows version was just recently out the door. With our reduced
forces, you can imagine why it wasn't - uh - very stable. But for good or
ill, all versions of XyWrite were written by the original Xyquestrian bunch.

Tim Baehr
tbaehr@xxxxxxxx