Re: Deleting Files

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Sat, 24 Apr
2004 17:35:27 -0400

> >There's a straight-forward way to convert XPL into rational,
> >readable pseudo-code: DeFine it and issue PSEUDO.
> >Paste the result into your e-mail.
>
> That's great to know. However, in this case, there was no XPL--
> I just winged it

Winging it leads to mistakes. As you know, pseudo-code requires a
lot of thinking. You have to get the underlying XPL right AND make
decisions about how to convert it into plain text. It's like
juggling bowling balls with a lit torch balanced on your head.
PSEUDO frees you to focus on real code. And you can test your XPL
before posting it.

The other advantage of PSEUDO is that it provides a ready-made set
of conventions for representing the various elements of XPL. We put
a lot of thought into those conventions. You needn't include a
legend in your post ("this represents that," yadda yadda), because
it's all there in the Help screen (HELP PSEUDO) for
everyone to see. Most of it is obvious, anyway.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx