Enhance, pkunzip & 4.017 crash

A couple days ago I downloaded the current version of ENHANCE.zip,
and the most recent version of pkzip/unzip. I am using Xy 4.017
and Windows95. I have 16 megs on my computer.

Frequently, but not always, when I use enhance to unzip a file or
even ask for a listing of a zipped file, I get an error message in
XyWrite *after* pkunzip has done its job and I pop back into XyWrite:
"Insufficient memory for this operation" (or something like that) In
addition, the XyWrite command line will often be messed up.

I've tried a few different memory settings for the DOS session, but
nothing seems to solve the problem. Usually the problem occurs the
third or fourth time I use the unzip functions.

I get the same results if I go to DOS from the command line and run
pkunzip "by hand", so it's not ENHANCE's problem.

Other zip programs don't seem to give me this problem, but they can't
be easily intergrated with ENHANCE.

And yes, I really do want to continue using Windows95.

Any ideas???