Re: laptop ideas (kinda long post, sorry)

I concur with earlier responses suggesting that XY should work on any laptop, irrespective of
speed. As regards operating system, I personally use Windows 2000 all the time with XY full
screeen and experience no problems. The one thing you do need to be aware of, however, is that
with most laptops DOS does not fill the screen. This is a limitation of LCD screens which can be
overcome (my desktop LCD runs DOS full screen without a problem) but which most laptop
manufacturers don't bother to fix. It is easy to find out how a machine runs DOS by finding a DOS
prompt and then executing it in full screen. (If you can't find a Start menu entry Run CMD.EXE.)
Some laptops do offer an expansion facility which makes the DOS screen larger, though it may still
not fill the LCD display area.

Hope that helps.

Paul Breeze