"unrecognized command"

1) i have recently made an adjustment to my xy4-3.kbd file in xydos4.017
(run under linux) and then tried to load it. i get the following
error message:

Customization file contains an unrecognized command. ;

does this mean that ; is an unrecognized command? it is used to 'rem'
all sorts of commands, how can it be unrecognized? or is something
else referred to?

when this started happening i had changed the name of TABLE=ALT to
TABLE=ALLT following the recent thread about overcoming some os
interferences by doing this. but it didn't work. and the above
problem materialized.

2) my kbd works reseasonably well nonetheless, though i cannot toggle
windows with alt-f10, or get the help index with alt-f9 or delete with
alt-f6. appears that alt+function keys may be captured by os. any
suggestions about this?

thanks for your help.

arthur steinberg