Parse

Speaking of parse... working with it on large files with large-ish
variables (say 200 bytes) seems to run into memory errors. I'm thinking of
avoiding parse, but maybe I'm doing something wrong. Have others found
parse less than robust?
When parse is re-used, as in a loop, I normally null out the s/gs before
re-parsing, and I'm not sure if that is necessary.

E.g.,
;*;
;*; the nulling out--unnecessary? a good idea?
;*;
>;*; the re-assignment, to parse the tail after looping
;*;

Any other parse-related thoughts???

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx