XyMac

I've begun using an Apple iBook. Because I need a Windows program that
will probably never be rewritten for Apple (Qimage --- an image
printing program), I also purchased Virtual PC7. The latter allows you
to run various DOS and Windows operating systems on the Mac, albeit
with a considerable performance hit. (In some VPC screen I recall
seeing that my 1.2Ghz iBook was apparently acting like a 350+Mhz
Windows machine.)
If any of you are running XyWrite in a Virtual PC I would like to hear
your experience and advice. I have installed Win2K as a VPC, and it
seems to run XyWin, NB7 and Xy4DOS quite nicely. Yes, a Mac emulating a
PC running Win2K emulating DOS...

I have run into one problem that has me stumped:
Win2K on Virtual PC does not seem to support truncation of long filenames, and so far no XyWrite-based program supports long filenames fully (not even NB 7.0b).
Unfortunately, all of my document files are somewhere in
"z:\users\myrongochnauer".
...at the moment I am not knowledgeable enough about Mac OS X to
confidently change my identity to something DOS-easy like "myron".

Myron