Re: We should [NOT] > move en masse to Nota Bene (sorry Anne!)

>I found these instructions for setting up XP in Win 8,

There is one important monetary consideration when upgrading to Win 8. You will need an XP license,
Win 7 has one included.

Akais1 writes in the notes section of http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/window-on-windows/install-windows-xp-in-windows-8-client-hyper-v/6732 :

"Well what the article does not tell you is that Windows 7 Pro included a full licensed copy of
Windows XP pro via the Windows XP mode. Installing Windows Pro in the Windows 8 Hyper-V will require
you to purchase a full version of Windows XP pro ($199 retail) effectively doubling the price of the
Windows 8 Pro\Windows XP as opposed to Windows 7 Pro\Windows XP that we had before. Microsoft should
think about offering a lower price VM license for customers who upgrade to the latest O/S but still
need to run legacy software occasionally in a VM."

Furthermore, Win 7 has XP mode support even after XP proper end-of-support (April 8, 2014).
http://www.technibble.com/windows-xp-support-ends-in-april-2014-what-technicians-need-to-know/

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)