Re: Translating XyWin to Word or WordStar

Michael:
>Unforatunately, if what a friend who uses WinWord 6.0 at work told
>me when I called her yesterday is correct, WinWord doesn't
>have a XyWrite import filter.

No, it doesn't, but what was meant, I believe, was that you "save as"
Word Windoze 2 from XYwrite and *then* open the file in Word to fix
up minor conversion bloopers.
By the way, what is wrong with saving as RTF? This works basically
fine for me. Word reads RTF files fine, except for some problems with
tables, footnotes, and the like, again something you can fix up within
Word. I wouldn't dream of actually working in Word, but as a utility
to fix up files, I find it useful.

--Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
--Support the anti-spam amendment. Join at http://www.cauce.org/