Re: Mail merge problems

On Sat, 11 Mar 1995, Recreation News wrote:

> We're having problems with mail merge. Here is the setup information.
> We are using a return (<-) as a field seperator and a double return as a
> record seperator.
> > When we merge the two files and print to screen we have no problems --
> everything works fine. However when we merge the files and send to the
> printer we are only able to get one record out of the printer. Why?

The secretarial staff in my workplace reports what sounds like
the same problem. When they do a mailing using mailmerge, only
the first document prints. They have figured out that it happens
only when using a Windows printer driver, not a XyWrite printer
driver. This is a workable but undesirable solution because (1)
it limits the available fonts and (2) there are GPF problems when
using XyWrite printer drivers in WYSIWYG mode. If anyone
(including TTG) knows of a better solution, I would appreciate
being told of it.

-----+

Rich@xxxxxxxx |
|The University of Akron School of Law   Voice:   (216)
972-6792 |
|Akron, OH 44325-2901           Fax:    (216)
258-2343 |
-----+