Re: Is XY-Write a word-processor or a text editor?

At 08:07 PM 12/18/00 -0800, jr_fox@xxxxxxxx wrote:
≪ Not enough to be worth the beeping and onscreen
change. I guess my distraction threshold is much less
than yours.  ;-) ≫

You can eliminate one of those distractions by setting
default CB (Correction Beep) to 0,0. In SETTINGS.DFL
that would be:

df cb=0,0

In STARTUP.INT:

BX d cb=0,0Q2 ;*;

or, in III+:
BC d cb=0,0

I'm not sure I'd use Auto-Replace if I had to hear that
beep all the time; certainly I wouldn't use it as freely.
I even set Error Beep to inaudible. I'm definitely of
the "seen-and-not-heard" school when it comes to
computers.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx