Re: File associations for Xy

** Reply to message from Harry Binswanger  on
Wed, 27 Jun 2007 13:45:22 -0400

> Does anyone know how to get XP Explorer to work right when using "Open
> with" Xy? I can get Open With to launch Xy, but empty--without the file it
> was supposed to open. I know there's some switch supposed to be set
> somewhere, but which and where?

Umm, it just works! If XyWrite isn't one of the listed "Open
With" apps, click on "Other", browse to Editor.exe, and add it
to the list of open-with apps (it will stick). Don't add a
/e4000 arg with a *space*, like you told Michael Norman to do...
The e4000 (if you want to/need to/are able to use EMS) goes like
this: "editor.exe/e4000". Thus, the first param [%1] to
editor.exe is the file that explorer has selected -- that gets
CALLed:
 editor.exe[/e####] %1[,startup_file]

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx