ot: weird problem formating a 250gig hard drive

I have run into a weird problem formating my new 250 gig hard drive. Initially I had formated it in ntfs as a single drive with with ntfs and got 237 gigs.  The discrepancy is due to the fact that a gig is slightly more than a billion.  Since I wanted to use fat32  I reinstalled windows xp from scratch and partitioned my hard drive into 8 15 gig logical drives and 1 11 gig logical dirves.  After formating the first 137 gigs of disk space on my hard drive (all as fat32) I want to format the remaining gigs into four logical drives, two as fat32 and two  as ntfs as Robert suggested.

I am running xp with service pack 2 installed.  I went to Control Panel/Administrative Tools\Computer Management\Disk Management

I clicked on unallocated space and entered the "new partition wizard" clicked next to arrive at "Select Partiton Type" where the available option was "primary partition" clicked next and advanced without any problem to the next window, the "specify partition size" window.  The top line reads "Maximum disk space in Megabytes [MB] 108305.  The next line reads "Minimum disk space in MB 8"  The third line which has a little window at the end of the line reads "Partition Size in MB".  To the right of the text there is an open window with up and down arrows inside the right edge of that window.  The up and down arrows it would appear should be used to change the number in  the window.  Whether the  window is 8  or 108305 you cannot use the arrows to increment the number in the window to any value between 8 and 108305.  If you try to increment down from 108305, it immediately goes to 8 and continues to increment down from 8 to 0 and then into negative numbers all the way to a number in the negative 20,000's (I do not remember the exact number but I think it was negative 27,700 approximately.  Similarly when you try to increment up from 8 it immediately increments down to negative numbers.   If I do not try to increment the number in the window using the arrow key, I can set intermediate values between 8 and 108305 such as 25000 by erasing the number in the window and typing a number.

Is it safe to set the values for the partitions in this way given what is happening with the up and down arrow adjustments.  Did I screw up. If so where.  Do I have corruption somewhere that I am not aware.  Does anyone understand what is happening.