Re: For Kenny Frank re: BASIC?!

To Robert Holmgren: To expand a little on how we are
implementing this "embedded" basic language, in effect we will
have a basic syntax counterpart for every XyWrite command and
function that can now be accessed in XPL, so by definition
anything you can manipulate with XPL you should be able to
manipulate in XyBasic. XyBasic will also be able to call XPL
routines and XPL will be able to call XyBasic scripts. It is
our intention to extend all of the "sub-atomic particales" to
XyBasic.

Because text manipulation is a primary focusing of our current
efforts, expect to see not only the full range of text
manipulation functions with which you are now familiar, but a
gaggle of new ones designed to give the editor the ability to
intelligently process text.

I am a little puzzled when you say:

"As for XyWin, I'm not negative. True, I don't use it much; but
that's because I can't get it to work, and because I have GPFs
everytime I do anything exotic. You really should fix it up
first, which would bring your existing base over to this
platform. Then enhance it. IMO."

What version are you using? Please let us know what causes you
GPF's because we very much want (and need) to make it rock
solid.

K.