Re: New vDos and vDos-lfn version 2016.06.01

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the brief testing. And yes, the comments are better addressed to Jos since they occur in the latest original vDos too, so they are not specific to vDos-lfn. Indeed as you said with the latest version saving a file to LPT4 will not copy to the clipboard, but Win+Ctrl+V still works for me as long as there is text content in the clipboard. I would suggest to post a thread regarding these issues in the vDos forum directly so that Jos will look at them.

Wengier

On Thursday, June 2, 2016 12:44 AM, Carl Distefano wrote:

Reply to note from "Wengier W" mailto:dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxx (Redacted
sender "wengierwu" for DMARC) Thu, 2 Jun 2016 03:37:31 +0000 (UTC)

> Jos has released the new vDos 2016.06.01 today, and I also
> released vDos-lfn 2016.06.01 today accordingly.

Wengier, thank you. My very brief testing so far shows the following:

- Speed seems noticeably faster. Nice.

- Clipboard functionality appears to be broken. With LPT4=CLIP, saving
a file to LPT4 does not save it to the clipboard. Pasting with Winkey-
Ctrl-V also doesn't work: nothing happens.

- The new WAIT option for starting Windows programs doesn't seem to
work. For example, DOS /C METAPAD.EXE starts the Metapad text editor,
but DOS /C WAIT METAPAD.EXE does nothing. DOS /C HIDE METAPAD.EXE does
start Metapad in the background, as expected.

- I'm not sure what the new "CMD" command adds. In the previous version
of vDos-lfn, commanding CMD at the DOS prompt opens a CMD.EXE window in
Windows. There is no change in this behavior in the version, although
the CMD.EXE window does appear to open faster.

I realize that some or all of these comments might be better addressed
to Jos.

Thanks again for all your work.

--
Carl Distefano