Re: XyShell Clipboard and conversion of ANSI characters

At 8/27/2002 07:23 AM +0200, Manuel Castelao wrote:
Siebert's fonts are for windowed sessions but they fill the full screen in my 21" display (there are several fonts to get that effect). I am running XY4 in a window because the fonts are so much better than in full-screen mode. Do you know a replacement font for full screen mode that supports 850 codepage?
Best regards,
Manuel Castelao
Uwe Sieberts fonts are indeed for windowed DOS sessions, but that window
fills the screen, save for a title bar on top, one line. Sieberts fonts are
indeed easy on the eyes, as good as Verdana, better even, and with the
different sizes you can get clean, crisp text at various resolutions and,
as Manuel points out, in sizes to accommodate various size screens. I think
Carl has experimented with various programs to improve the look of DOS
text in a raw or MAXIMIZED DOS screen. Some of us used Ultravision for
years and it worked wonderfully on a 15-inch screen. But with the new
resolutions and larger screens, it did not look as good. I use it only now
to change the screen color to dark blue background with gray text, but once
I get the hang of Carl's VPT program, I may just use that. At all events,
the Siebert fonts in a DOS box (full-screen) are as good as any windows
screen font.
Michael Norman