Type command in XyWrite III+ in Windows 95 -Reply

My suggestion: Boot the computer in "MS-DOS Mode". Start
xywrite, tell it to print, and go off for a long walk in the sunshine.
Anyone who has written and 830 page ms deserves a break!

>>> "Judson J. Emerick, Art Department, Pomona College,
Claremont, California"  11/12/96
02:11pm >>>
Dear XyWrite people,

I've just completed an 830-page ms for Penn State Press in
XyWrite III+
on a Pentium 133 MHz computer with Windows 95 and noted
that unlike my
old 486DX33 machine with Windows 3.1, I cannot get my
XyWrite files to
print promptly. In Windows 95, of course, printing takes place
in a deep
background. Apparently too deep! After arranging my type
command on
XyWrite's command line, and pressing Enter, my Brother HL630
laser printer
(it can emulate an old HP LaserJet IIP) just sits idle on my
desk for many seconds on-and-on before the printing of a file
will
start. In Windows 3.1 on my old 486 machine my XyWrite files
would print out
without delay. Does anyone know how to get Windows 95 to
behave better
in this respect?

Otherwise XyWrite III+ is quite happy to live with Windows 95, I
find.

-Judson Emerick
(jemerick@xxxxxxxx)