Re: U2 glitches

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Wed, 14 Jun 2000 14:04:26 -0400

Judith:

> Slowly doesn't work any more. Now when I sneak up on NK (running NYDos
> in Windows) I either get the error message, or the NK line shows twice,
> the screen freezes, and the printer starts churning out reams of
> duplicates of that screen.

>> Are any bizarre KBD assignments reported?

> Where would these be reported? On the status line? When?

If you look at the top of this list of FUNCtion calls, before the place
where you crash, you'll notice that many many of the function calls list a
KBD assignment after them, e.g. "BC" might say "F5" or wherever you have
it located. If there's a KBD assignment it would appear between the
function mnemonic, e.g. "NK", and the description of what the function is
-- i.e. on the same line in the text.

Now, if your list doesn't show _any_ KBD assignments, for any keys, please
tell me -- that's important to know. If so, a standard frame in the
DLG file isn't present in your loaded copy of it, and that could be the
source of the problem -- repeated calls to a table in DLG that doesn't
exist.

Another possibility is, as Tim mentioned, that XyWrite is trying to swap
memory out on a segment barrier that falls in just this spot. You might
try this experiment. Go to TopOfFile, and just where it says
"{5Idx,Info,Information,Contents}", put your cursor on the "{"
character and enter a whole slew of carriage returns, maybe 100 of them.
SAve the file, ABort it, and then reopen the file again in the way you
have been doing. See if that makes any difference. Good luck.

---------
Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx
---------