Re: moving from paragraph to paragraph

Reply to note from TBaehr@xxxxxxxx Thu, 3 Sep 1998 22:38:05 EDT

-> Bob Zimmerman has a plan for moving from sentence to sentence.
-> In Xy4, the function calls are NS and PS (next sentence and
-> previous sentence). They work for all end punctuation. I don't
-> recall whether XYIII has a similar function.
->
-> Also, there are VA values in Xy4 that tell whether the cursor
-> is at the beginning or end of a file, but I don't recall what
-> they are. Anyone?

Yup, NS and PS are in XyIII+. The difference is that the cursor
already has to be in text for either func to have any effect; on the
CMline, the cursor just stays put. Whereas in 4, if the cursor is
on the CMline it will move to the next or previous sentence. One of
the nice little enhancements in 4 is that the various next and
previous functions work on the CMline as well as in text. No great
shakes for NS and PS, but very handy, I find, when it comes to NW
and PW (Next Word and Previous Word). Nice to have those functions
available on the CMline, it is.

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/