Re: Caution. A virus has been posted to the list

"Yo Intl." wrote:

> At 01:14 PM 11/27/00 -0600, Alison Tartt wrote:
> >For some reason, I wasn't able to delete this infected file with either the
> >Delete command or the Delete key (NT 4, McAfee virus software). The only
> >thing that worked was moving it to the A drive and discarding the floppy.
> >I'm passing this on FWIW.
> >
> >Alison Tartt
>
> That is strange. I just deleted the Hanson.scr intruder from XYwrite, as I always do.
> Did you try to go to DOS and reset the attributes?

It seems to delete here just fine in Netscape. (Guess we'll see if that sticks . . . )
Not a great cause for concern here, as the vast, vast majority of these virii -- if it
actually was such -- are MS-specific, and pose little risk to a non-MS op-sys.

Jordan