notebook LCD

I've recently acquired an IBM laptop PC which appears excellent, but
with one slight drawback; a DOS screen will not fill the LCD. It
appears that a 640x480 screen expands to within around 1cm of the
edge, but with a normal 25 line text mode screen, the top and bottom
are further from the edges. (I believe this is due to the fact that
the text modes display in 640x400.) Does anybody know of a way of
getting DOS modes on such a display to fill the screen.

Paul Breeze
-- Paul Breeze, paul.breeze@xxxxxxxx on 07/11/2000