Re: left shift introduces space

Dear Carl

I thought you almost had the solution, but no.

Renaming the CTRL, ALT, SHIFT and CAPS keys does stop the spurious introduction of a space with the
Shift key (I now notice that it is introduced on releasing the key) but does not affect the right
hand ALT and CTRL keys introducing a space when either key is depressed and then released alone
(again the space appears on release of the key).

That would have been ok, though, since it is shift I use most often. However this strategy appears
to cause havoc with other keys. My cursor keys now operate as page up and page down and home and
end functions are also changed. I guess I'll just have to try and remember to use a different key
to wake my PC from its sleep.

Best wishes

Paul