'Death to Word'

List members may be interested in this piece, which spells
out every reason to hate MS Word.

http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/technology/2012/04/microsoft_word_is_cumbersome_inefficient_and_obsolete_it_s_time_for_it_to_die_.html

I've long despised Word, but this article spells out reasons
for hating it that had never occurred to me.

I still write everything in Xywrite, but for years I've
converted my copy to Word before filing it because my various
print and online editors don't use Xywrite -- indeed, most
of them have never even heard of it -- but all know Word.

After reading this article, I wonder whether Xywrite wouldn't
make text easier for them to move from one publishing platform
to another.  Does anyone on the list file copy to be published
online in Xywrite?

Lynn Brenner