Msg.S, Bugs, Bad Policies, Etc.

Re Msg. #9021: 1. You would think that small things like a commented Packing
List of files, use of industry standard PKUNZIP for de-compression, and manual
install options would be fairly elementary . . . .  These folks really ought
to get with the program. I am very much a potential buyer for ORBIS, but I
can't see any rush to get it so long as these shenan- igans are going on, or
while there are still reports of the product having significant problems. 2.
Whenever you are in a position to comment, I'd be curious to know if v. 4.014
solves a lot of the bugs discussed here over the last several months, and if
there is anything to the reported speed degradation vs. v. 4.011 (I don't mind
upgrading, even for a small charge, as long as there is some solid benefit in
doing so). I'm sure we will also be the beneficiaries of your experience with
ORBIS. 3. While I'm sure Xy-management has at times over the years found you to
be a colossal pain in the neck (for publicly, persistently, and assert-
ively pointing out less-than-flattering things about the company and its
product), I do feel that if they were really smart they should just about
canonize you. No one else I can think of has brought to light as many
important issues, or wrung out many key technical problems that might have
eluded an army of beta testers. I know that I have learned much from your
writings and benefited greatly from a number of the routines you've created or
co-authored. (This continues, by the way, with your discussion of OS/2, which
suggestions I'm sure will eliminate a lot of frustration and wasted time when I
do make the switch in a few months. The BBS files you mentioned --
OS2TNT.ZIP, OS21PERF.DOC, OS21TUNE.DOC, OS2CNFGn.TXT -- will be of interest,
but I wouldn't ask you to go to the trouble and expense of u/l'ing them at
2400. May just have to pick those up on CI$, after I sign up and get a faster
modem, as I'm not aware of good local sources for OS/2 stuff.)