Diacritics

There is a much niftier way to input foreign characters with
diacritics. Among the function calls listed in the
Customization Guide but not assigned in the standard
keyboard of either XY or XW is a pertinent series of seven
that can be assigned to any key. I list the key to which I
have arbitrarily assigned the 5 of the 7 that I use (all in
CTRL+SHIFT):

CALL    DIACRITIC        KEY   EXAMPLE KEY
NUMBER
S1     accent acute      /    é    53
S2     accent grave      \    à    43
S3     umlaut         "    ï    40
S4     circumflex       ^    ê    51
S5     dot over character   o    Å    32
S6     tilde              ñ
S7     underline            ª

As a result, if I want to type a u with an umlaut, I first
type CTRL-SHIFT-" (which puts a tentative character in the
file) and then u, which deposits a regular ASCII-129 ü.
Works fine with XYDOS and XYWIN.

Cheers,
--
Nathan Sivin