killing EOF character

Here's a little refinement on using the DOS copy command to get rid of the
ASCII 26 EOF character at the end of Xy4 files. The /Y switch automatically
overwrites the temp file "eoftmp" if it was left behind. The prompt tells
you that everything is done. In between, the > NULL redirection and some
other switches keep the DOS operation from flashing onto the screen. I've
had bad luck with "del/nv", so I use the archaic "ernv".

≪SX99,≪VA$FP≫≫BX dos/x/z /c copy/Y ≪PV99≫/a eoftmp/b > nullQ2 BX ernv
≪PV99≫Q2 BX rename eoftmp ≪PV99≫Q2 ≪PREOF deleted from @99≫

Next step for me is to integrate this into the Close routine in the menus, so
I don't have to remember to save the file before doing the conversion.

Tim Baehr