Re: OT: DOS booting

That sounds more as if you haven't loaded EMM386.exe
(to set aside Expanded RAM) in CONFIG.SYs. IIRC, you
have to have a command
device=emm386.sys

But I don't set any config.sys. Can't. It's an ISO, burned into a CD.
and then some further parameter, which I could look up
at the office, where we still have a couple of MD-DOS
books lying about (Novell DOS, which is the last DOS I
used, had a different upper memory manager).

But if you cannot WRITE to your hard drive, it won't
work, because Xy needs to be able to write overflow
files.
 Unless you can route them to the USB drive.

Hmmm, I could try that.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx