Re: Resurrection of XyWrite?

Reply to note from "steve reinemer"  Sun,
6 Sep 2009 10:31:39 -0700

> Anybody out there know where I can get a copy of the Xywrite II
> program or compatible? I've got old floppies with family files
> on them that I can't read because I don't have the program
> files. Will Xywrite III open them?

XyWrite files are Ascii, so if accessing the data is the main
concern, you should be able to open and read the files with any text
editor (Notepad, Wordpad, etc.), or indeed with any word-processing
program. Of course, any XyWrite formatting commands in those files
will be displayed as raw text, not translated into actual formatting
on the screen. To view or print the files with formatting, any
version of XyWrite will do.

The bigger problem may be finding a floppy drive that will read
those diskettes. There are external USB drives that will read 3.5"
diskettes, but 5.25" floppies may be more of a challenge.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx