Re: vDos-lfn instead of vDosXy

Carl is absolutely right, of course, that you can start a Windows
program from autoexec.txt in vDos with the command he mentioned. Without
testing it, I ought never to have believed that this wasn't the case.
None the less, for those who don't like to spell out full paths, I've
written a FileOpen utility in C++ that works in autoexec.txt and is a
lot smaller than the AutoIt script version that I wrote about earlier:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/271144/FileOpen.exe

Syntax:

FileOpen program.exe (with \path\to if not in the Windows PATH-

FileOpen \path\to\filename.extension (opens in the default Windows
application for that filetype)

FileOpen program.exe \path\to\filename.extension (opens the file in the
specified program)

Quotation marks required around names or paths with spaces.