Re: Need for Annie-explanation.

≪Annie: I resonate to your Xy-loyalty. But your messages often
need decoding. What, e.g., does this refer to: @F->CMline> key ...≫ --Harry Binswanger
<0001908873@xxxxxxxx>

Harry: My msg was (as usual) overlong and I excised the
explanation. My key assignment stores the name of the path--if a
file is open, also the filename--to my scratch @F, then puts @F
on the CMline. In .kb4:
   00=&P,GH,SG,F
&P, as assigned by my startup.int, is !FP2F:
{sx86,{va$ws}}{if({pv86})==1}{sxF,{va$fp}}{ex}
{ei}{sxF,{va$pa}}{ex}
In .kb3:
   00=&P,GH,&F
My v3 startup.int assigns !F2CL to &F. It does {pvF} after some
error-trapping for newlines since my .kb3 and v3 xpl use &F
liberally to restore the CMline in an approximation of v4 BX.
(The companion, preceding,
&L is !CL2F [CMline to @F] ...
{sxF,({is00})}{ex}

I use the @F->CMline> key *constantly*:
BC ernv @F->CMline key> XC ...
BC do move @F->CMline key> new location XC ...

BC ren @F->CMline key> new name XC ...  etc. etc. My  keys are:

Reverse chron:
00=NI,XD,BC,d,s,o,r,t, ,d,co,r,XC,BC,a,b,XC,BC,d,i,r,XC,BC,e,d, ,TF

By extennsion:
00=NI,XD,BC,d,s,o,r,t,
,e,XC,BC,a,b,XC,BC,d,i,r,XC,BC,e,d,TF,CD,CD,CD

Alphabetical:
00=NI,XD,BC,d,s,o,r,t, ,f,XC,BC,a,b,XC,BC,d,i,r,XC,BC,e,d, ,TF

My attitude toward software, btw, xyWrite included, is entirely
pragmatic and selfish; loyalty isn't a consideration. xyWrite's
uncanny elasticity has made me a longtime, intense user. I'd be
gone in the blink of an eye if xyW couldn't be reshaped to meet
demands I couldn't have imagined when I started using it. But it
can. --A

========================= annie fisher  nyc