Re: Jr. & Sr.

 Leslie,
  Thanks re Ph.D. I hadn't thought of putting in the Ph and the D separately.
Good idea.
  In general, I've come around to the view that there is no real problem in
putting in, as legit, things like "Ph" because there's no real chance of
missing them when reading by eye.
  But one thing I have done which I strongly recommend to CUP is to *remove*
the word "pubic" from the dictionary. That means no "public"/"pubic"
conflations will occur! There are some ribald stories I've heard about typo's
in that connection.
  Harry