Re: XyWrite Development

I agree with Carter Campbell that the total lack of
acknowledgement of bug lists and suggestions sent in my mail
discourages lots of people from continuing to try. A couple of
years ago I sent in a list of NB features that were markedly
better than those of XY, the most patent being the versatile
file-handling options, all accessible from a single menu. I
don't know if the divorce now makes it impossible to incorporate,
but the functions in the current XYDOS, limited in use of the
file hierarchy and wild cards, could easily use improvement.

-- Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science
University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia PA 19104-3325