Re: file management with XyDos and DOS & UNIX

Thanks, Russ, this was mentioned in an earlier e-mail, and I'm in the process of exploring this program.  I appreciate all of the "off-topic" feedback and am taking notes.

Mimi

----- Original Message -----
From: mailto:russurquhart1@xxxxxxxxRussell Urquhart
Subject: Re: file management with XyDos and DOS & UNIX

You may want to consider Midnight Commander. It is a Norton Commander clone that was designed for Linux/Unix environments to offer file management and a framework for working with files. I've compiled and used it when i worked under Solaris, and i use it now with Mac OS X. I use the file manager to copy files that i've created with Xywrite under virtual PC and copy to other directories where i can do other operations on those files.

Hope this helps,

Russ