Re: Screw the Rules

** Reply to note from ML Solla  Sat, 5 Apr 1997 10:44:39 -0500 (EST)

Truth is, DOS services usually work just fine, without need for any
external programs. The only trick is to get DTR set high; modern MODE
commands generally permit that. Then simply ECHO your AT commands to the
port.

For example, under OS/2 you could issue
 BX do/nv/x/z mode.com com1:2400,n,8,1,,DTR=ON,BUFFER=ON Q2 ;*;
then
 BX dos/nv/x/z /c echo ATS7=10M1L0DT5551212 > COM1: Q2

This HangsUp (resets):
 BX dos/nv/x/z /c echo ATH0Z > COM1: Q2

And etc etc etc. Piece of cake. Best procedure is to dedicate an antique
clunker modem to a port and give it the exclusive task of dialing voice
calls. I cannot remember the last time I dialed a number manually.
1984 maybe? For me, this is an indispensable computerized facility.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx