Re: Off-Topic -- Apparently intractable problem FIXED!

Leslie Bialler wrote:

> Heck! You don't need Windows XKE for that! Gateway bundles "goback" with
> their rigs. I have one running Win98 that does the very same thing. And
> a wonderful feature it is.

Assuming I'm right about the origin of this utility in XP (and I'm fairly
sure that a CONFIGSAFE lite was included with Win-2K, so this could well be
the same item), it has been judged superior to and more convenient than
Goback, per reviewers and user reports. Goback carries a high resource load
-- specifically, *lots* of hard-drive space. From what I understand, it
does back up a great deal more than the Registry, though. The system
snapshots Configsafe makes can readily be exported to external storage, at
least in the full version of the product.

If you're going to be running Win, and the health of your operating system
is crucial to your work, you really need a utility like this.

Jordan