[No Subject]

I'm having a monitor problem when I _shell-out_ of windows to Xydos4. I like
to go full screen rather than to a window because in a window I lose
ultravision and the text is locked into the system font. Also I don't seem
to be able to expand the window, pull the borders out. Anyway, full screen
DOS would be fine. I click on my Xydos4 icon, screen pops, out we go, but
when we get there, the screen is off center and I have to use the horizontal
and vertical position knobs on my monitor to adjust things. Then when I
_exit_ xy/dos and go back to windows, I have to adjust the monitor knobs
again. Some specs: Xydos4, DOS 6.2, Win3.1 (NOT wfwg3.11,) Gateway33mz with
8m ram and a Western Digital video bd that really only runs well at 800x600
16/256. Here's a curious note, when I set windows system defaults to a
different driver, 1024x768, I don't have to use the monitor knobs, BUT that
makes windows within windows much too small to use comfortably. Finally, I'm
using ultravision installed before windows boots up. So what's my problem
with the screen shift? Do I need a screen driver from xywrite? Can't be
because even at the dos prompt I have to readjust the screen to center the
image. Anyway, a mystery. BTW, Paul Falzer was a wonderful help tweaking
WORD6 for those of us forced to use it at work. Thanks, Paul.

Michael Norman
normanm@xxxxxxxx
normanm@xxxxxxxx